My friend Lisa invited me to a cookie exchange today. It was a fun domestic-y girly morning for me! Yesterday my little 3 year old helper and I worked hard rolling dough into little balls and covering them in powdered sugar. Ta da! Chocolate Crinkles! They came out soooo good! We had a munch a few of them before packaging them up to be enjoyed by some other families. The fun part was bringing home some new goodies to enjoy, which I have been throughout the day. The newness of the cookies are so tempting. My new favorites: Chocolate covered cherry cookies. Jackson's favorite: the sugar cookies cut out like Christmas shapes. Justin is sticking with the chocolate crinkles and even Liam got to enjoy his first fresh from the oven last night.
If you want to try these yummy cookies, here's the recipe.
Chocolate Crinkles (a la Martha Stewart)
8oz Bittersweet Chocolate
1 1/3 cup flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup unsalted softened butter
1 1/2 cup light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/3 cup whole milk
1 cup sugar
1 cup confectioners sugar
1. melt chocolate, set aside
2. sift flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl
3. mix butter, brown sugar, eggs vanilla, and melted chocolate
4. add dry ingredients, alternating with milk until thoroughly mixed
5. divide dough in 4 batches and wrap, chill 2 hours
6. Heat oven to 350 degrees
7. Roll into 1 inch balls, coat with granulated sugar, then roll in confectioners sugar.
8. Place 2 inches apart on parchment paper
9. Bake until cracked appearance on top, about 14 min's.